The Chamber offers scholarships to support students pursuing a post secondary education, either with a 2/4 year college or in a specified trade school.
Amount: $1,000 as a one-time payment
Deadline: February 9, 2024
The winner will be recognized publicly and are invited to attend the Annual Awards and Banquet in March of 2024
Who Can Apply:
Any 2024 high school graduating senior who is a resident of the Chardon Local School District (44024 foot print) and who has applied to a two/four year degree-granting institute of post-secondary education or a vocational-technical school.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicant has accumulated 40 hours of community service while enrolled as a student
- Applicant has participated in at least two extra-curricular activities or is employed
- Applicant must be a resident of the Chardon Local School District
- Minimum GPA: 3.00
- Must complete 800-1,000 word essay answering:
- What is a personal achievement that makes you proud?
- What is a mistake you have made and what did you learn from that experience?
- Describe how you view yourself.
- Must include transcript
- Must include two typed and signed recommendation letters - one being from a non-faculty member.
How to Submit Application:
The deadline to apply is February 9, 2024. Complete applications must be emailed as a single PDF to email@example.com. Any applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
We ask that applicants save the following dates:
-February 20. 2024 between 3-5p for 30 minute, individual in-person interviews
-March 12, 2024 between 5-8p to be recognized at the Chardon Area Chamber's Annual Award Banquet
*If for any reason the winner of the scholarship is unable to persue their post-secondary education, scholarship winnings must be returned to the Chamber and will be awarded to another eligible applicant.
CONGRATULATIONS to the 2023 Scholarship Recipients!
Contact us to Learn More!